|Lynda is the mother of four grown children: dizygotic twin daughters and another daughter, 22 months their elder and a daughter 15 years older. She has been involved with multiple birth issues for over three decades and is a Past President of Multiple Births Families Association in Ottawa, Canada, as well as of Multiple Births Canada, Canada’s National support organization for multiples and their families. Lynda, for the past 20 years, has been a co-facilitator for multiple birth prenatal classes, Ottawa Twins Plus Prenatal Classes. Lynda and has written, developed and expanded the support literature for new and expecting parents (and for grandparents too!). Lynda has created a 3+-hour multiple-birth prenatal DVD for parents put on bedrest or who do not have multiple-birth specific classes in their community. In addition, Lynda has created Jumelle, Baby Tracking App for keeping track of which baby did what, when and for how long. There is a place to keep notes so that the wrong baby does not receive the medication. Information is transportable to out of town parent, grandparents and even the Doctor’s office. Also includes breastfeeding information and hints and tips for the first six weeks. Both the DVD and App information is available off my Site at http://www.jumelle.ca Jumelle Baby Tracking App is available from iTunes App Store.
Besides her efforts in assisting parents expecting multiples, Lynda has also worked extensively with bereaved multiple birth families as well as with surviving co-multiples. She has spoken at Perinatal Loss Conferences as well as written and developed bereavement support literature on numerous topics which has been distributed Nationally and Internationally. This bereavement literature has been compiled by Multiple Births Canada into a Multiple Birth Bereavement Support Kit for use by bereaved families and the professionals who care for them. She writes a monthly e-newsletter, Forever Angels, for the Loss Support Network of Multiple Births Canada.
Lynda has been a member of the Ottawa Coalition for the Prevention of Low Birth Weight for 12 years, the last five years spent as its Chair. Together with Diane Myers and Donna Launslager (two quad Moms and each with singletons too!), she developed the multiple birth low birth weight information on the Coalition’s Web Site.
Lynda is a member of the following Committees:
- Past Chair, Ottawa Coalition for the Prevention of Low Birth Weight
- Steering Committee member of an initiative entitled “Co-bedding Premature Twins in the NICU: Pilot Study”
- Canadian Coalition for the Prevention of Developmental Disabilities
- Ottawa Community Prenatal Committee of the Ottawa Regional Health Unit, where she developed the prenatal content for multiple birth prenatal classes.
Lynda has enjoyed speaking to several groups – Hospital Bereavement Committees; Nursing students at both the university and community college level; Lactation Consultants; as well as contributing to numerous Panels on Bereavement and other topics germane to multiple birth. Click Here for information regarding speaking engagements. Lynda has also spoken in Toronto, Las Vegas and Prague at Perinatal Bereavement Conferences.
– 2012 – Multiple Birth’s Canada’s “Making A Difference Award,” National Category
– 2006 – Lynda honoured by United Way (click here)
- 2003/2004 – Multiple Births Canada’s “Making a Difference Award,” International Category (take a look!)
- 2000 – Multiple Births Canada’s “Making a Difference Award,” National Category (here it is)
Published articles and multiple birth support literature:
Health and Breatsfeeding
- Surviving Bedrest, article for Health Reference Series, Second Edition,Pregnancy and Birth Sourcebook, Omnigraphics, Page 297, 2004, ISBN 0-7808-0672-7
- Pregnancy and Birth Sourcebook, Second Edition, Health Reference Series, Edited by Amy L. Sutton, Omnigraphics, 2004, Section 31.2, Surviving Bed Rest, Lynda P. Haddon and Sandra Tompkins, Page 297
- Focal Point on Breastfeeding: Teaching Breastfeeding to Parents Expecting Multiples, by Susan Moxley and Lynda P. Haddon, International Journal of Childbirth Education, Vol. 14, No. 1, March, 1999
- Singleton Sibling Booklet, by Lynda P. Haddon, Multiple Births Canada
- Remembering Our Angels: Personal Stories of Healing from a Pregnancy Loss, Hannah Stone, www.lulu.com, 2007 – Lynda offered a multiple birth loss perspective, Page 40
- Loss in Multiple Birth: Dealing With the Loss of Multiple Birth Babies, article in The Independent, the official publication of the International Order of the Golden Rule, Page 10, November/December, 2003
- The Survivor, Lynne Schulz, Pleasant World, 2003, 2nd Edition 2015 – Lynda wrote the Forward for Lynne’s important support resource.
- Pregnancy After Loss, article co-authored with Canadian author Ann Douglas
- On Mothering Multiples: Complexities and Possibilities, Edited by Kathy Mantas, 2016. Foreword written by Lynda P. Haddon and Bonnie L. Schultz.
Lynda’s Other Projects